Spotify has teamed up with the charity CALM to launch a week’s worth of dedicated content for Mental Health Awareness Week until 24 May. Tara Pilkington brings you the latest.
Spotify has teamed up with the leading mental health charity to create the new Spotify Mental Health Awareness Week Hub, including a host of an original playlist and podcast content.
Here is what you can expect:
- Spotify’s Who We Be playlist, the UK’s most popular hip hop, afrobeat, dancehall and R&B playlists are dedicating content to this year’s theme of ‘kindness’
- The playlists will include story video contributions from Tinie Tempah, Ray BLK, Ms Banks, Che Lingo, Harry Pinero and more.
- Audrey, Tolani, and Milena from Spotify’s The Receipts Podcast will be discussing mental health awareness on their show
- Spotify’s own Wake Up / Wind Down podcasts, hosted by Niall Breslin, will have exclusive content about Mental Health Awareness
- CALM CEO, Simon Gunning, said: “In these uncertain times many people are feeling the impact of lockdown and needing our helpline services more than ever.
- He added: “However, music and audio can have an incredible effect to calm, unite and connect us, even when we cannot be together. By teaming up with Spotify we hope to provide some light relief and help people take a break from all that’s happening, whilst opening up the conversation about mental health and reminding them that we are here should they need us.”