Cardi B shuts down her haters after being criticized over her win of Billboard’s ‘Woman Of The Year’ award. Puza Snigdha reports.
Cardi B has only released only one major single ‘WAP’ this year which is super and earned praise as she was the anti-thesis to everything we thought we knew about the sexualization of women in the music industry.
On the other side, haters despised her for being too provocative.
On Wednesday, Billboard announced the honor and revealed that the honor will be celebrated at the 15th Annual Women in Music eventwhich will stream live on December 10 at at 8 p.m. EDT.
After that Cardi B shared a passionate post on Instagram where she listed the impact the song has had since its release back in August.
• “You crybabies, ‘but she only got one song’, yeah but I got that song bi**h, you know the one that sold the most, streamed the most, the one that had Republicans crying on Fox News about it.
• “The one that had a song about to be six times platinum in three months, that got your grandmother popping her psy on TikTok, yeah bih that one.”
• Pointing out her political activity throughout the year she said, “For over a year, I’ve been influencing and using my platform for y’all to vote, not just when Joe Biden was going up against Trump. Using my own money to meet up with these candidates like Bernie [Sanders], flying out, tired after show, yeah that’s me bih.”
• Sharing her feelings after getting the honor she said, “Thank you BARDIGANG with out y’all encouraging while the world was against me and criticizing every move I wouldn’t have gotten here everyday and use my voice for a change.”
• She ended the video saying she “won’t ever change. Eat it up, I’m just that bitch.”
The rapper’s “WAP” is still thriving Hot 100 chart.
Hear the song WAP-