Did you watch ‘YOU’? This American psychological thriller series was broadcasted on Netflix in 2018. In January 2020, the series was renewed for a third season by Netflix, which is set to be released on October 15, 2021.
- The series stars Penn Badgley, Elizabeth Lail, Luca Padovan, Zach Cherry, and Shay Mitchell. The first season is based on the 2014 novel by Caroline Kepnes. It follows Joe Goldberg, a New York bookstore manager, and serial killer. He develops an extreme, toxic, and delusional obsession. The second season follows him as he moves to Los Angeles and falls in love with Love Quinn.
- The series premiered on Lifetime on September 9, 2018. In December 2018, it was announced that the series would move to Netflix as a Netflix Original title. The second season was released exclusively on Netflix on December 26, 2019. And the most awaited series will be soon on your screen.
- Joe Goldberg’s tumultuous relationship with Love, who is pregnant with his child in a new suburban home, will be continued in the third season. Greg Berlanti and Sera Gamble, the creators of You, are back as co-executive producers, and Gamble is back as showrunner.
- The 10-episode season is set to premiere on October 15, 2021. New cast members include Shalita Grant, Travis Van Winkle, Dylan Arnold, and Tati Gabrielle. Michaela McManus will portray Joe’s new neighbor, shown at end of the second season.
- In this season, Joe and Love are married and raising their newborn son, Henry, in the Californian suburb of Madre Linda. Joe continues to repeat the cycle of obsession with a growing interest in Natalie, their next-door neighbor, as their interpersonal dynamic takes a new turn. This time, Love will reverse the script to ensure that her dream of creating the perfect family isn’t shattered by Joe’s compulsive behavior.
- Things soon turn violent, and we see Joe in his infamous glass cage before wrapping up a dead body. The couple eventually decides to go to couples’ counseling, but it doesn’t seem to help.
- In December 2020, the production of the third season was suspended for two weeks due to the COVID-19 pandemic and resumed in February 2021. Your Season 3 officially hits Netflix on October 15. Get ready to welcome Joe and Love to the neighborhood and watch the trailer below.
Before the screen fades to black, an ominous voice-over from Love says, “Til death do us part.” Given that Sera Gamble, the showrunner, recently described this season as “f*cking nuts,” it’s safe to assume that this trailer merely hints at the gloom to come.