Homemade Lime and mango pickles are very simple, easy, and delicious. They are the perfect fall project. For this week, we bring you a tangy and refreshing garden-fresh chutney recipe that you must try out!
- 2 cups dried mangoes (unripe)
- 2 lemons squeezed
- 4 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 2 tsp Fenugreek (methi) seeds
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 10 red chilis
- 4-5 Curry leaves
- Heat the mustard oil in a pan.
- Once the oil is heated, add all the spices and fry till the Fenugreek seeds are golden and the mustard seeds pop.
- Cooldown the spices and use a grinder to make a fine powder.
- In another pan add mustard oil, slices of mangoes, lime, curry leaves, and the spice powder.
- Mix well and saute for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cooldown and your lime and mango pickle are ready to be stored.
Made with raw mango, lime, spice, and oil, this dish can be relished as a side with every meal. For more recipes like this, keep an eye on WhatsOn Tasty @ CafeOn.
FOLLOW CAFE ON> WhatsOn/Café On
OPENING HOURS> Monday – Friday: 8.00am – 3.00pm; Sat & Sun> Opening Soon!
CAFE ON, 13A Cannon St, Birmingham B2 5EN, UK, Tel> 0121 633 2311, W> WhatsOn.guide/CafeOn