Sir Keir Starmer’s office has been accused to politically interfere in purging the Labour members. Anika Khan reports.
- Starmer’s predecessor, Jeremy Corbyn was also charged with anti-Semitism in his part by the EHRC.
- Sir Kier Starmer has promised to end the political interference by the leader’s office which was recommended by the EHRC report.
- Former Labour member, Rebecca Massey has filed a complaint suggesting that the office had a role to play in her expulsion.
- Rebecca Massey who was a Palestine Solidarity Campaign member was expelled in May, along with a few of the other members.
- The Board of Deputies of British Jews called for her permanent expulsion through a secret document that listed 11 labor Members to be anti-Semitic.
- Jewish Voice for Labour, Mike Cushman has said that it is right of the Board of Deputies to raise cases of any form of harassment and discrimination.
In line with the EHRC recommendations, the Labour Party is trying to ensure that the complaint processes are fair, transparent, and free of political interference.