Donald Trump faces immense pressure from his fellow Republicans to drop the fight in overturning the election results. Anika Khan reports.
- On Sunday, Republicans have requested Donald Trump to drop his fight to overturn the election results. On the other hand, the clear President-elect, Joe Biden has started naming his cabinets.
- Republican leaders have so far stood beside Trump with his baseless claims that there has been nationwide voter fraud. His former national security advisers, along with a few prominent figures have however remained silent regarding this matter.
- Trump’s national security advisor, John Bolton is worried about how much chaos Trump can potentially create before the inauguration of Joe Biden in January.
- John Bolton has also revealed that Trump has so far lost all the lawsuits that he has filed in various states. Bolton said, “He is the political equivalent of a street rioter”.
- Former administration and national security advisor, HR McMaster have also warned about Trump’s corrosive efforts and that his accusations have done nothing but sown doubt among the electorate.
- On Friday, Trump met the Republic leaders in Michigan and tried to pursue them in battleground states to declare Trump as the winner putting aside the will of the people.
- A Republican US district court judge in Pennsylvania has rejected the Trump campaign’s request to disenfranchise 7 million voters in the state. This came after similarly failed court bids in Michigan, Arizona, and Georgia.
Joe Biden has won the Presidential election by over 6 more million votes than Trump. It his high time Trump concedes with the real facts.