The US will ban travel from India starting Tuesday following a deadly coronavirus surge, which has built new records and left the country in despair. Munia Iffat reports.
- The US to ban travel from India amid coronavirus surge.
- Florida suspends emergency orders, mask requirements.
- White House informed the US could share more than 60 million doses of the AstraZeneca COVID19 vaccine once they receive federal approval.
- According to the data from Johns Hopkins University, India has become the first in the world to report more than 400,000 daily cases.
- India’s official number of coronavirus cases surpassed 20 million Tuesday, almost doubling in the past three months, while deaths officially have passed 220,000.
Experts have said that testing has fallen in recent days and positivity rates in most cities are still very high, with signs that lesser affected regions are turning into new hot spots.