Beyoncé has unveiled a new video from her album Black Is King, for ‘Brown Skin Girl’ on Monday featuring stars like Kelly Rowland, Lupita Nyong’o and more. Puza Snigdha reports.
- Here are the 5 interesting things about the video:
- 1. The track first appeared as part of The Lion King: The Gift, featuring SAINt JHn and WizKid.
- 2. The new video has been released from Black Is King album the Disney+ visual companion to her Lion King album, The Gift.
- 3. The video starts with Bey and Blue playing hand game and eventually it shows girls with different skin colors including black are playing the hand game together.
- 4. The new star-studded video features Kelly Rowland, Naomi Campbell, her daughter Blue Ivy and actor Lupita Nyong’o.
- 5. The visual album “Black Is King” is directed by Jenn Nkiru, and has the special appearance of Naomi Campbell and Lupita Nyong’o.
About the video Beyoncé said in a statement that “It was so important to me in ‘Brown Skin Girl’ that we represented all different shades of brown.”
According to Beyoncé, she released the track aiming to break the boundaries between black and white people, celebrating each other.
Watch the video here: