Paneer Makhani or Paneer Butter masala is considered to be the king of the curries in the Indian Sub-continent. It is widely popular for its mildly sweet and spicy taste with the goodness of fresh cream and topped with moist buttery paneer. This week, we bring you the recipe of how to make this delicious dish that you can enjoy with either rice, naan, chapati, roti, or paratha.
For the masala paste:
- 2 pieces of onion (diced)
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- 4 tomatoes (diced)
- 12 cashew nuts
- 6 cloves
- 2 pods cardamom
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
For the Curry:
- 4 tbsp of butter
- 2 bay leaf
- 2 red chilli (finely chopped)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 1/2 tsp garam masala ( ready-made)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup of fresh cream
- Fresh paneer ( chopped in 18 cubes)
- 2 tbspn coriander leaves ( finely chopped)
- Make the masala paste by heating a wok with butter.
- Add the cooking herbs and spices and saute on low flame.
- Add onion, garlic clove and ginger and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cashewnuts and cover the wok for 10 minutes till the tomato softens.
- Cool completely and transfer to blender to blend it into a smooth paste.
- Now take another wok and heat butter, add the bay leaf, chilli and saute until the spices turn aromatic.
- Add onion till it turns golden brown.
- Keeping the flame on low, add all the other spices.
- Add the masala paste and cook till the oil starts to seperate.
- Add 1 cup of warm water and then 1/2 cup of fresh cream.
- Mix well and add the paneer cubes and salt.
- Let it simmer for 5 minutes and then add coriander leaves for the garnishing.
Your Paneer Makhani is ready to enjoy with your freshly made naan, roti or rice!
For more easy recipes like this, stay with WhatsOn.guide
Paneer Makhani is available at Cafe On!
FOLLOW CAFE ON> WhatsOn/Café On
OPENING HOURS> Monday – Friday: 8.00am – 3.00pm; Sat & Sun> Opening Soon!
CAFE ON, 13A Cannon St, Birmingham B2 5EN, UK, Tel> 0121 633 2311, W> WhatsOn.guide/CafeOn