The Oscar-winning actor Leonardo DiCaprio has announced the production of a new TV series based on Aldous Huxley’s novel, ‘Island’. Anika Khan reports.
Here is everything you need to know about the upcoming series in production!
- Leonardo’s production company ‘Appian Way’ is collaborating with ‘Good Company films’ in developing this new series.
- The series is based on the 1962 novel, ‘The Island’ by Aldous Huxley. ‘Island’ is the final counterpart of Huxley’s dystopian novel, ‘Brave New World’.
- The story revolves around a journalist who ends up in a fictional island of Pala in the Indian Ocean after a shipwreck. The story follows the character discovering the habitats of that island and the story unfolds as the character discovers their secrets.
- Aldous Huxley’s ‘Brave new world’ was adapted into a TV series earlier this year and was released in the US market.
- Leonardo along with George DiCaprio, Roee Sharon, and Jennifer Davisson will collectively produce the series.
- It will be an interesting challenge for Caprio as a producer of a book adaptation series that has been so visionary and way ahead of its time.
- The casts and release date of the series is yet to be announced. What we know for sure is to expect excellence from Leonardo Di Caprio’s work. Let it be as an actor, director or producer.
Watch the trailer of the movie adaptation of Huxley’s ‘Brave new World’ below!