Global Citizen announced a 24-hour Global Citizen live broadcast with events and performances filmed across six continents to unite the world to defend the planet and defeat poverty.
Let’s know more about one of the biggest live show around the world:
- These 24-hour Global Citizen Live events will be held at Central Park in New York City, the Champ de Mars in Paris, and other locations across the world.
- Global Citizen Live will take place on Saturday, September 25, 2021.
- Appearances include Ed Sheeran, BTS, Coldplay, Shawn Mendes, Andrea Bocelli, and more performers will be announced soon.
- The event is a part of Global Citizen’s Recovery Plan for the World, a campaign to end COVID-19.
- It is also part of their ongoing campaign to urge businesses and philanthropists to use their resources to fight the pandemic.
- To protect and restore at least 1 billion trees by 2022 to curb climate change, and provide meals for the more than 40 million people on the brink of starvation.
- It will air across multiple channels, including ABC, ABC News Live, BBC, FOX, iHeartRadio, Hulu, YouTube, Twitter, and more.
- The Global Citizen Live campaign is also supported by leaders across the globe including European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and some other prime ministers and leaders around the world.
In a statement, Global Citizen CEO Hugh Evans said, “COVID-19 has drastically reversed the progress toward achieving the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals pushing upwards of 160 million people back into extreme poverty. There are now more than 40 million people on the brink of famine,”
To know more about this event plz visit here:https://www.globalcitizen.org/en/