5 Shows Cancelled Over Coronavirus
The epidemic coronavirus is spreading every day and it has become fear of every person. Countries are following lots of restrictions; as a result, there is no mood of celebration.
Five big events which have been canceled over Coronavirus are given below:
1. Milan Fashion Week: Giorgio Armani cancels Milan Fashion Week which was supposed to take place on Sunday. Italy’s capital Milan has 54 confirmed reported cases. The show has been canceled due to concerns raised by the coronavirus. ”The decision was taken to safeguard the well-being of all his invited guests by not having them attend crowded spaces”, said the fashion house in a statement.
2. Tokyo Olympics: The 2020 Summer Olympics, officially known as the Games of the XXXII Olympiad, organizers are more likely to cancel it altogether than to postpone or move it. The decision is depending on the control of the situation. The former Canadian swimming champion Dick Pound is in IOC since 1978 who is the longest-serving member to decide the fate of the Tokyo Olympics. The confirmed decision could be put off until late May. “In and around that time, I’d say folks are going to have to ask: ‘Is this under sufficient control that we can be confident about going to Tokyo or not?’ said Pound.
3. Smartphone Trade Show: One of the world’s biggest trade shows in Barcelona has been canceled to safeguard the well-being of all the people. The annual conference, scheduled to kick off on Feb. 24. Around 100,000 people attend the event to check the latest smartphones. “The global concern regarding the coronavirus outbreak, travel concern and other circumstances make it impossible for the GSMA to hold the event,” said John Hoffman, the CEO of the group.
4. Mission Impossible 7: The most adventures action movie ‘Mission Impossible 7’ production has been postponed for the outbreak of coronavirus. The production was started in Venice on 20th February, meanwhile, more than 230 cases of coronavirus confirmed in Italy. “All the crews are allowed to return home until the next production schedule and they will closely monitor the situation,” said the authority.
5. Mabel’s Show: ‘Don’t Call Me Up’ hitmaker Mabel has canceled the Italian leg of her European tour due to the country’s coronavirus outbreak, with reported cases rising to over 200. “Due to recent events concerning the Coronavirus in Italy, we’ve been advised by the Minister of Health and the President of the Lombardy region not to go ahead with tomorrow’s show in Milan.”So sad to have to write this, but safety is the absolute priority here! Hoping to reschedule soon. Love Mx,” the singer posted on Instagram.
> Puza Sarker Snigdha
If you like WhatsOn, why not do us a favour. More & more people getting involved and supporting WhatsOn. We are independent & progressive, unlike many corporate media - We know you want WhatsOn to benefit as many people as possible Now we need your support, WhatsOn will continue to engage with cutting edge events, news & reviews of our times and hold power to account & champion social justice. WhatsOn’s independence means, we are free from corporate & commercial bias. However, we need your support to give a voice to the voice less and keep our independence. We rely on the support of our readers and any amount , big or small, makes a valuable difference. Thank you. SUPPORT WhatsOn!