Here are 5 reasons why Greta Thunberg should win the Nobel Prize
Swedish 17-year-old Greta Thunberg, who started with a solo strike against climate change, has shaken world leaders with her blunt and explosive speeches. For the second time Greta has been nominated for the Nobel Peace Prize award. Here are the 5 reasons why Greta should win the Nobel Prize.
- Striking alone in her county then spread positively around the world. The strike called “Fridays for Future” has spread to 1,659 towns and cities among the 105 countries. She has encouraged millions of students worldwide to join the climate change action movement called “Fridays for Future”.
- Greta was listed as one of the 100 most influential people of the year in Time Magazine in 2019, as part of the Next Generation of Leaders.
- To join the 2019 UN Climate Action Summit she sailed from Europe to America to avoid flying and to reduce the carbon emissions. It was a carbon-neutral crossing serving as an anti-flying movement as she believes in the importance of reducing emissions.
- In 2019 the Swedish Women’s Educational Association named her as Swedish Woman of the Year. Also, she was honored as the first recipient of the Freedom Prize, awarded by France’s Normandy region, while she donated the prize money to four climate organizations.
- About her mental health issue ‘Aspergers’ she turns it into her strength. She believes that something that is different, that is apart from the norm, is a superpower.
> Hasibul Hasan Shanto
If you like WhatsOn, why not do us a favour. More & more people getting involved and supporting WhatsOn. We are independent & progressive, unlike many corporate media - We know you want WhatsOn to benefit as many people as possible Now we need your support, WhatsOn will continue to engage with cutting edge events, news & reviews of our times and hold power to account & champion social justice. WhatsOn’s independence means, we are free from corporate & commercial bias. However, we need your support to give a voice to the voice less and keep our independence. We rely on the support of our readers and any amount , big or small, makes a valuable difference. Thank you. SUPPORT WhatsOn!