Australian Bushfire Update on New Year’s Day
> Dipto paul
Australia is facing a terrible condition caused by the ongoing bushfire and the situation is getting worsen day by day.
Fires are now spreading at an alarming rate in New South Wales and Victoria which predicts that the situation will be more worsen by the end of this week.
Here we will show the update of Australian bushfire on 1 January 2020:
- On Tuesday, fire tore through large swathes of East Gippsland and raises huge fear for the Victoria authority.
- Four people are found dead so far while another person remains unaccounted for in that state.
- NSW confirmed the death of four people while one dead body was found at Yatte Yattah, west of Lake Conjola.
- Fire destroyed hundreds of homes on the NSW south coast. According to the ABC report 50 properties have been lost in the town of Conjola Park.
- According to the Victorian authority, more than 50 properties have been lost across Buchan, Sarsfield and Mallacoota and the number is increasing.
- More than 100 fires are burning in NSW, but conditions have eased and all fires have been downgraded to watch and act level.
- In Victoria three fires are burning at an emergency level as a dozen burn across the east and north-east.
- Firefighters in NSW are using the improved conditions to contain existing fires and prepare for Saturday, which is tipped to rival Tuesday’s fire danger levels.
If you like WhatsOn, why not do us a favour. More & more people getting involved and supporting WhatsOn. We are independent & progressive, unlike many corporate media - We know you want WhatsOn to benefit as many people as possible Now we need your support, WhatsOn will continue to engage with cutting edge events, news & reviews of our times and hold power to account & champion social justice. WhatsOn’s independence means, we are free from corporate & commercial bias. However, we need your support to give a voice to the voice less and keep our independence. We rely on the support of our readers and any amount , big or small, makes a valuable difference. Thank you. SUPPORT WhatsOn!